Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tell me where to go... seriously

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.







This Week's Topic:
When you need creative inspiration, where do you go?
 
This road trip comes at a handy time. At the moment i'm feeling a bit lacking in inspiration. I'm a bit between projects and while I have a couple of ideas I LOVE i'm not sure I'm equipped to do them justice.
 
I need some inspiration.
 
Or maybe a kick in the pants.
 
Usually I find inspiration everywhere. I grabs of conversation, in the news, in gossip of my friends... and in books. LOTS and lots of books. But at the moment I'm a bit flat. Maybe cos it's birthday season here smack after school hols.
 
So, where do you go?
 
Inspire me. Please.

3 comments:

  1. I thought about this today, and I've just come to the conclusion that inspiration is a lot like love (or what they say about love, at least): you find it when you're not looking for it.

    Now, since that is utterly unhelpful, I guess I'd also suggest listening to inspiring music and keeping yourself busy with other things so your subconscious can be left alone to do its work. Good luck and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The subconsious is a good one. Trying too hard to think only ends up with frustration and a sore head. Thanks for commenting.
      =)

      Delete
  2. I agree! Some of my best ideas come when I'm thinking of other things, or doing things completely unrelated to writing. Maybe you could trick yourself into being distracted? :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments. they make me happy.