Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Don't go changing...

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.





This Week's Topic:
What word processing program do you use to write you manuscript, and can you share one handy trick you’ve learned in that program that has helped you while you write?

Okay, this is one road trip i plan to follow with interest. because I am back in the old word dark ages. i see people using interesting programs but the thought of change...

*shudders*

The best trick is more about critting and it's not anything spectacular, but the track changes function is awesome. It's helped me to incorporate my CPs wisdom.

Also the simple find and replace has helped when I've inadvertently aussified something (the use of some Australian slang that NOBODY will ever understand outside of a stone's throw from where I live) and can check the rest of the doc for the same thing.

But I know other programs do even more. So tell me, what do you use and why?

4 comments:

  1. There are plenty of us out there that use and love Word! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Word too. I am also a big fan of the track changes feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it today. really helps with edits.

      Delete

i love comments. they make me happy.