Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting around to it.

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.





This Week's Topic: What book is your 'one that got away?' (What book have you always been dying to read but still haven't yet?)


Up until this week I had two vying to *win* this for me. However, after much prodding from hubby I've started Game of Thrones at last. He's a huge fan and I've been meaning to start but his whining intellectual discussion about the terribleness of the people and the world put me off.

So that leaves The Book Thief.



I have it. I've picked it up. Managed two pages... and then... nothing. I believe it's good but I haven't managed to get into it. Yet. I will.

What about you?

3 comments:

  1. The Book Thief does take a few chapters to get into, but it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read it but keep letting other books distract me.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I just finished reading the book thief for the first time. I was underwhelmed, though I understand why it has so much hype. It's unusual, for sure. Wouldn't suggest it, though, if you don't like experimental, in-love-with-its-own-words writing.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments. they make me happy.